InZone Disc Golf not only produces innovative disc golf products, we design and install innovative disc golf courses as well. Lavone Wolfe began playing disc golf in 1974. He was one of the pioneers of the sport in the Southeastern United States and became one of the top players in the world. He has four PDGA world championship titles and has won well over 100 disc golf events. He was inducted into the Disc Golf Hall of Fame in 1994. Lavone has played and studied hundreds of disc golf course designs and has personally designed and consulted on more than 60 projects. His expertise has earned Certification as a Master Course Designer of which there are only a handful in the south.
Why Choose InZone to design your course?
Lavone uses a number of design elements that can only be learned and implemented by years of study, competitive play and experience. Lavone Wolfe designed courses are praised by the best players in the world and have been routinely used in the highest levels of regional, national and world championship competition. It is important to note that Lavone is also a member of the Professional Disc Golf Association’s, Disc Golf Development Team. This group helps develop and implement the cutting edge direction of the sport. Your project wil be in the hands of one of the most skilled and experienced designers in disc golf.
Lavone has a Masters degree in organization and management. For 25 years he was in Operations Management for two Fortune 500 companies. His attention to detail, organization skills and communication abilities are outstanding. Lavone and InZone Disc Golf welcome the opportunity to work with parks departments, individuals, clubs, property developers, schools, churches, hotels, and resorts. InZone Design will work to find a win-win situation for those working on a tight budget. For example, many organizations seeking a course have the expertise and equipment to do much of the work themselves. This can result in a substantial cost savings. However, you will find that a disc golf course can be surprisingly cost effective in providing recreation and using land that is difficult to use for other activities.
A Lavone Wolfe signature course will bring recognition, credibility, and a reputation of quality to your course and park.
Certified Master Course Designer
Disc Golf Hall of Fame
PDGA World Champion
Over 60 disc golf course projects
Course Design Philosophy
- First and foremost, focus on the safety of players, spectators and property.
- Create challenging, fair designs that require skilled shots from an understanding of how disc actually fly.
- Find the best utilization of the property that incorporates as many “signature holes” as possible with a flow that is conducive to safety and tournament play.
- Use of risk and reward elements that create excitement and scoring diversity.
- Create situations that force decisions and a variety of shots.
- Use false fronts, prevailing wind, elevation, obstacles including trees, rocks, out-of-bounds, water hazards, brush and other natural texture to present diversity and requirement of shots that will in time develop players into skilled competitors.
- Focus on a design that will be a fun, recreation and exercise experience and tailor the course to be appealing to players of different skill levels and ages.
- Lavone’s great courses will draw competitors and players to your park and will become a destination for players as they travel or vacation.
Contact Us About Disc Golf Course Design
Lavone will be happy to work a win-win agreement and provide the best for your facility and budget.